Monday, December 29, 2008

achoo!

I hate having sneezes. Did I use the right term? And having it just couple of days before New Year makes it worse. But my case is not just a simple sneezing, but a repetitive one! Yes, not just once, but even more than 5 in a couple of minutes. It will leave me with an aching throat and weary body, not to mention, my poor nose! My friend, who has the same regular problem told me I have ALLERGY RHINITIS. So, I checked the internet to read something about it, though I'm very familiar with the term already.

ALLERGY RHINITIS is an inflammation of the nasal passages, usually associated with watery nasal discharge and itching of nose and eyes. The characteristic symptoms include repetitive sneezing, as I mentioned a while ago, rhinorrhea, post-nasal drip, nasal congestion, itchy eyes, ears, nose or throat, and generalized fatigue (thanks to this website - http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/208/main.html). It's my first time to encounter RHINORRHEA, and it means "runny nose". And this badly needs a lot of supply of tissues, I tell you. So that is why I am having a VERY hard time getting out of the bed this morning, my body seemed carrying a pile of cement on the back! I find it hard to speak audibly, my voice is groggy and creepy (yes, it's a mixed muffled and husky voice - if I described it right). This has been a usual predicament for me, repetitive sneezing, runny nose and nasal congestion. The last one makes it difficult for me to SLEEP. I will find myself having a hard time breathing, as if I'm suffocating that I have to breathe using my mouth LITERALLY.

Well, I read more and saw ways to treat this ailment, through antihistamines, decongestants, nasal sprays and even allergy shots, since allergy rhinitis is caused mainly by allergens. I think I'll be needing some medicine. For the past years, when I have such condition, I just drink water or wash my face. And endure it. i guess it won't work that well.

Is this inherited when my father has a record of ASTHMA? Hmm..

....

Ma, do we have Benadryl? (me trying to ask my Mom for an antihistamine drug).

No comments: